ChrissyJ. Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Monday, September 18, 2006

Pink Power


Flamingos freaking out
Originally uploaded by ChrissyJ.
Yesterday, we went to the Philadelphia zoo. It was a beautiful day and there were tons of little kids running around, hitting each other, and exclaiming "Jesus God! That's just like on Kimpossible!" when they saw the naked mole rats.

The zoo was great - so big and interesting, that we didn't even see everything before our tired feet told us it was time to head home. I got some good pictures of lots of different animals, but I think I had the most fun watching the flamingos. They are so weird! And pink! We stood watching for a while, maybe 10 minutes. For most of that time, the flamingos were mostly either wading for food in their pond or standing quietly on the grass. But at one point, they suddenly got really... boisterous, is the best word I can think of to describe it. They made a lot of noice, they ran and jumped around, chased each other, flapped a lot. It was crazy! And then they stopped. And went back to lunch/nap. Like I said, weird animals.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The weirdest thing to me was: there were times when the flamingoes were synchronized. Three or four of them ran, stopped and turned and ran back all in a line. It was like they were practicing some kind of ethnic dance.

"My lines! My lines!"

Oh, and, Arrr!

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home