ChrissyJ. Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Photos from the train


Substation from the train
Originally uploaded by ChrissyJ.
I took my camera to work yesterday. (It sounds like a new holiday in the making!) It was fun - instead of reading or working on a sudoku, I got to take pictures of the industrial, smelly, urban decay that is the R2 commuter train corridor. The tough part is getting a window seat on the right side of the train and facing forward... and then you realize the window is all smudged with someone else's head grease. yuck!

I'm in the process of learning how to remove the reddish window glare at the top of the frame. Photoshop is phun!

Anyway, I love the yellow cast that was a result of the window tint. I could have adjusted it back to normal white balance, but I think it gives the image (and the other ones like in in my photostream) a nice industrial mood. Kind of like smog, but not.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree: the color makes the pictures more poignant, or something.

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home